Teaching social good innovation to build a better world.
Do you believe teenagers can build a better world? The Jacobs Institute for Innovation in Education at the University of San Diego is inviting teachers to join us in our effort to make a local and global impact. Through the Teacher Summer Camp in July 2020, educators will learn how to build and run their own innovation challenges in their classrooms and communities.
What is expected during camp?
- Attend live virtual classes led by the Jacobs Institute or view the recording afterward (~1 hour/week)
- Complete assigned activities before each class (~1 hour/week)
- Participate in the Pactful’s online community
What can I do after camp?
- Be ready to launch your own innovation challenge in your classroom or school!
- Develop a complete understanding of design thinking, the 17 Global Goals, and how to support teenagers in their journey to develop an innovator’s mindset
- Have marketing and communication materials ready to launch your own challenge
- Gain complete access to Pactful’s curriculum and tool
What does it cost?
Your costs are supported by The Jacobs Institute for Innovation in Education at no cost to you. The Jacobs Institute is generously funded by Dr. Irwin and Mrs. Joan Jacobs.
Not only will you have fun and learn something, but five teachers will receive one graduate extension credit, a $75 value. This credit can be applied to our new Educational Innovation Certificate. If you’d like to learn more about the certificate program, contact Karly Wilson or call 619-260-4510.
Virtual webinars will be hosted on the days and times below. Attendance is optional and we’ll make the recordings available afterward. All registered participants should have received a calendar invitation for the following dates and times with a Zoom link for the session.
- Pre-Camp Activity
- Week 1: Thursday, July 23rd from 1 PM–2 PM PT
- Week 2: Thursday, July 30th from 1 PM–2 PM PT
- Week 3: Thursday, August 6th from 1 PM–2 PM PT
- Week 4: Thursday, August 13th from 1 PM–2 PM PT