Teaching social good innovation to build a better world.
Do you believe teenagers can build a better world? The Jacobs Institute for Innovation in Education at the University of San Diego is inviting educators to join us in our effort to make a local and global impact. Through this four-week workshop, educators will engage in hands-on learning while being introduced to design thinking through the Pactful curriculum and tool. Come learn how to incorporate this into your classroom and community next school year!
What’s covered in camp?
- Develop a complete understanding of design thinking, the 17 Global Goals, and how to support teenagers in their journey to develop an innovator’s mindset
- Gain complete access to Pactful’s curriculum and tool
- Be part of a growing community of educators and learners focused on a better world
What is expected during camp?
- Attend live virtual classes led by the Jacobs Institute or view the recording afterward (~1 hour/week)
- Complete assigned activities before each class (~2 hour/week)
- Participate in the Pactful’s online community
What does it cost?
Your costs are supported by The Jacobs Institute for Innovation in Education at no cost to you. The Jacobs Institute is generously funded by Dr. Irwin and Mrs. Joan Jacobs.
Virtual webinars will be hosted on the days and times below. Attendance is optional and we’ll make the recordings available afterward. All registered participants will receive calendar invitations for the following dates and times with a Zoom link for the session.
- Pre-Camp Introduction Video
- Week 1: Thursday, June 17th from 1 PM–2 PM PT – Understand phase
- Week 2: Thursday, June 24th from 1 PM–2 PM PT – Ideate phase
- Week 3: Thursday, July 1st from 1 PM–2 PM PT – Prototype phase
- Week 4: Thursday, July 8th from 1 PM–2 PM PT – Pitch phase
Graduate Extension Credit
Teachers who complete summer camp may apply for up to one graduate extension credit, if needed for employment purposes. The University of San Diego extension charges a standard rate of $75 per credit.