The Jacobs Institute for Innovation in Education, part of the University of San Diego, is committed to supporting K-20 inclusive innovation. During this unprecedented worldwide COVID-19 coronavirus event, we know that many students and teachers are displaced from their traditional learning environments. We are offering professional development and ongoing support, combined with our entirely virtual educational curriculum and app, for free to the public.
Educators are invited to join in free virtual information sessions to understand how Pactful works, including supporting virtual teams during the outbreak.
Educators can request a free beta class by signing up below. All users must use a Google Account for authentication and document sharing in Pactful.
Who is Pactful for?
- Educators who want to help teens work in teams to learn design thinking and create a solution
- Students who are 13 years+
- Users with Google Accounts (either G Suite for Education or Gmail)
What does Pactful do?
- Helps teenagers and young adults become social good innovators
- Students work in teams to solve local and global problems, aligned to one of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs or Global Goals)
- Students practice design thinking and develop an innovator’s mindset
- Students and educators are supported with content, activities, and tools to track progress and give feedback
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org